Sunday 10 July 2011

The Willingness to Will

Your hints, i perceive as crashing waves on stone, breaking all that is safe and continuous; i remain confused by the ironic subtlety that underlines your words; i pursue a turtle that has withdrawn from the world and into its shell; you are a Mirage to my thirst and strawberries to my hunger. You give a little only to take more away; i will not walk behind your trail, only at its side; The choice remains with you.
As it always did, my anguish sustained you for as long as you needed; you ask me only what you doubt and my answer feeds your intention. You wrap yourself in a quilt of painful irony, well fed and abrasive, seeking only to accomplish your worst fear. Your natural intuition of self defence protects you with your own fear. A projection of your insecurity blinds my eye as you pour lemon on the wounds of my soul.
We leave breadcrumbs to find our way back home, thinking not of the wind, the soil, the animals and the wild but only of our own convenience and need. We rely blindly on it as i on you; scattered and unreliable you remain; misleading and painful; the duration of my self discovery into the pit of your self indulgence leaves hoarse vocals and a charred sense of desire and motivation.
Dogs will bark and fire can not but burn, helplessly created to cause harm; dare we blame not the fire but the burned? Must we attribute such realms into human complexity? If only such material simplicity remained in significant aspects of our well being and nature.
I am frightened by your question; the tone, merely a form of delivery, but the answer that awaits rots at the pit of my stomach, for i seek it as much as you do. You ask out of fear, but i out of love. Same questions and same hope; carrying an entirely different journey. I await for you at the brink.

No comments:

Post a Comment